Common Name: Basil Herb, Tulsi, Holy basil, Sweet basil
Title: Herb of poverty, King of the herb etc
Botanical Name: Ocimum Basilicum
Background and native countries
This wonderful and delicious signature spice was originated in India. However, the biggest producer of this miraculous herb is North America followed by Pakistan, India, Iran, Thailand, China, Africa, Malaysia, Australia, Italy and some Mediterranean areas.
Taste and aroma
The crunchy texture of basil leaves has a distinct minty and grassy fragrance with a sharp savoury and mild peppery taste. The secret of this seducing scent is hidden in its essential healthy oils and chemical components.
Basil herb is cultivated all over the world for its extensive use. Its captivating smell and tantalizing taste goes well in the
- Sauce making
- Spicing up savoury dishes
Health benefits and medical uses
This glorious green basil is one of the most popular herbs when it comes to health benefits. In ayurvedic medicine, this is the leading anti- poisonous herb to treat snake and insect bites. In general, It helps in
- Fight the stress to relieve anxiety
- Block the calcium channels for lowering the blood pressure.
- Control the cholesterol level of blood to prevent the coagulopathies of the heart.
- It increases the metabolism and mobility of GIT& enhances digestion.
- Fight against bacterial diseases due to antimicrobial property
Store in a cool dry place to extend its freshness and maintain flavour.
It can be kept in the pantry or drawer in airtight resealable bags or jars.
All our herbs and spices are packed in eco-friendly resealable bags.