- BIRYANI MASALA SPICE MIX
1 kg chicken pieces, 500g Basmati rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes, 1 onion chopped, 4 tsp chopped ginger, 4 tsp chopped garlic, 2 cups of yogurt, 4 medium tomatoes, chopped, 5 Tbsp oil, 2 tsp Leena Briyani Masala, 1 tsp red chili powder (optional), 25 g butter, 3 Tbsp cooking oil, salt to taste.
1) In a bowl, add chicken pieces, chili powder, ginger, garlic, Leena briyani masala, yogurt and salt. Mix well and leave to marinade for an hour.
2) In a saucepan, boil water. Add rice and cook until half done. Drain and keep aside.
3) Heat oil in a pan on a medium high heat and fry onion until golden brown. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add marinated chicken and cook until chicken is tender.
5) In a saucepan, arrange rice and chicken in alternative layers, whilst adding butter between the layers.
6) Cover the saucepan, tightly. Cook on a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until rice is soft and fluffy. Serve hot with salad and yogurt.