- CHICKPEA CHANA MASALA SPICE BLEND - LEENA SPICES PRODUCT
CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE
1 x 400g cans of Chickpeas. If you prefer dried chickpeas click here. Please note that dried chickpeas need to be soaked in a bowl overnight.
2 Medium Onions chopped,
2 Tbsp Olive Oil,
2 cups Water,
2 tsp Leena Chickpea Masala,
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree,
Juice of ½ Lemon,
Salt to taste.
1) Drain chickpeas. Wash and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until light brown.
3) Add chickpea masala. Cook for 1 minute.
4) Add tomato puree. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add chickpeas and stir for 1 minute.
6) Add water and salt.
7) Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
8) Remove cover and cook on high heat until gravy thickens.
9) Add lemon juice.
10) Serve hot with rice, naan or bread of your choice.