ESSENTIAL BAKING SPICE BLEND - LEENA SPICES PRODUCT
Ingredients: Allspice, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg and Orange Zest.
OLD-FASHIONED SPICE MUFFINS
2 ½ cups sifted self raising flour, ½ spoon baking soda, 1 ¼ cups soft brown sugar, ½ cup butter softened, 3 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons Leena’s spice blend.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 12 cup cupcake pan.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices into bowl; set aside.
3) Place shortening and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl. Blend until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Stir in flour, alternating with the buttermilk. Stir in vanilla.
5) Evenly divide batter amongst muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve frosted with caramel, orange or cinnamon frosting, or simply dust with icing sugar.