RENDANG SPICE MIX POWDER - LEENA SPICES PRODUCT
Beef Rendang shouldn't taste like other curries.
It should be different. It should be unique. It should be outstanding.
The dry texture and original caramelised flavour deserve a spice mix that will complement the meat and produce a bold taste that bounces off the plate.
This Rendang spice does it all.
It's a recipe with Indonesian roots that combines ingredients at a perfect ratio, focused on achieving two things.
Exquisite aroma and flavour.
Cumin creates an earthy taste, black pepper gives a kick, and galangal has a sharp citrusy, almost piney flavour. A delicate onion-like flavour comes from shallots, and coriander offers an intense leafy freshness. Cassia is sweet and aromatic, and lemongrass has a minty, lemony tart.
With all ingredients added at the perfect ratio, this Rendang mix has rave reviews.
We recommend using this spice for its intended purpose –
to create outstanding, tender, rich, aromatic beef rendang.
Try it in your cooking today.
Ingredients: Black Pepper, Cassia, Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Galangal, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon Grass, Shallots and Turmeric.
500g boneless beef cubes, 1 onion minced, 1 ½ tsp Leena Rendang Spice Mix, 2 tsp tamarind puree - (You can buy from HERE ), 2 Tbsp cooking oil, 1 can coconut cream, 1 tsp brown sugar, salt to taste
1) Mix minced onion, tamarind puree and Leena Rendang Powder Spice mix to make a paste.
2) Heat oil in a work on a medium heat and fry beef cubes in batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil, add the paste. Cook for 5 minutes. 4) Add coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add beef cubes and cook on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender. If required, add a little water. Stir occasionally.
6) Increase heat and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the gravy is thick.
7) Serve with steamed rice or noodles.